I’m not a tent-maker like Paul. I am self-employed, however, like Paul was, and I use my time and income to pursue ministries I am passionate about. One of those is this blog. Other ministries I work on are foster care, and an annual free Christian music festival here in the Treasure Valley.
I’m a former architect and marketing director, and currently a writer, web developer, digital marketer, business consultant, media relations guy (I help businesses and nonprofits get their message covered by the media), and a student of leadership and communication in general. Frankly, I have too many interests. I need to narrow them down!
But most of all, I’m a believer in Jesus Christ. Without God’s grace and patience with me, an imperfect human being, I wouldn’t have the opportunities I’ve been given to touch so many lives through this blog, my family, mentoring kids and teens in foster care, and other means.
As you can imagine, this blog has grown in scope and consumes a large amount of time, when I’m able to write and respond to comments consistently. Paul made tents to support himself so that he could do the ministry work he was so passionate about, and I’ve tried to model that in my business. I view all of my business, income, possessions, and time as belonging to God. I just want to be a good steward of those resources.
If you have a small business and want to grow it via a stronger web presence, I’d love to take on some new clients. Or if you’d like to support this ministry directly, you may do so via PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For those who want to grow their business, give me a call and we can discuss what that looks like. Every business is different in what it needs to survive and grow.
I make it a point to listen to your problems before recommending solutions.
- Small business websites (WordPress)
- Real estate websites and IDX search integration
- Expert lead conversion
- Quality landing pages
- Experienced keyword reseach
- Organic SEO
- PPC advertising
- Marketing copy
- Media relations (press releases, getting your message to the media)
- Business coaching
- Fortune 500 engineering companies
- Real estate agents
- Bricks and mortar local businesses
- Day cares
- Local newspapers (OC Register, LA Times, Idaho Press-Tribune, Idaho Statesman, Idaho Times-News, etc.)
- Business Journals (OC Business Journal, LA Business Journal, etc.)
- Trade Journals & Magazines (OC Architect, Architectural Record, Building Design & Construction)
- National Newspapers (Wall Street Journal, USA Today)
- I consulted for a daycare that is a for-profit arm of a Christian ministry to reach inner-city kids and families with the message of Jesus Christ. I helped cut a $2700/mo. PPC ad spend in half while at least doubling the amount of leads during that time. We had to turn off the campaign completely for awhile to catch up from the backup of leads, because staff weren’t able to get to all the phone calls they needed to make.
- I am consulting for this same daycare, which has approximately 65 employees, to improve their online hiring process. The CEO is spending half of every week screening new hires for high-turnover jobs. We are working on cutting his time commitment to this task by improving the quality of new hires and leads for new hires. The goal is to reduce the number of job applicants while improving the quality of the match between the job opening and the applicant.
- I helped a real estate agent take his business from 10% of sales originating online to over 60% of sales originating online. During this time, his website went from nowhere to be found on Google to #1 for a high-traffic local keyword.
- I helped a real estate agent start up her own brokerage with a new brokerage website, complete with real estate search tools, and quality SEO for local keywords.
Thanks for everything you have sacrificed, Kevin. I used to have contacts in the media field. If I see anyone in need of this type of work I will certainly recommend.
I will be donating here soon.. You do spend alot of your time doing this for all of us. I sooo appreciate it! I am self-employed and have ran a small business at home for 15 years.. Mostly online selling.. But I would love to have my own website.. After summer when my craziness is over I could use your 'smarts' to set me up…. It's so time-consuming for me! Thanks Kevin!
I'd be happy to see how I could help you grow your business. Thanks for reading the blog!